About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Believing in my Pace!

I had a really incredible run on Saturday!

Saturday is long run day on my training schedule. I run slightly faster than most of the people in my Tuesday pace group, so I was invited to run with the next group up, even though I'm not really quite fast enough for them.

I've been running with them for about a month now, and it's starting to get easier. I like the challenge and feel like it is pushing me to improve.

Last week was a step back week, so we only run for 1:10. I managed to keep up a blazing fast (for me) average pace of 9:18 and I actually finished with some of the people who really do belong to the group! I also had enough energy left (and I thought I was out) to pull out a faster pace for the last half mile!

My stretch goal for my upcoming Denver Marathon is 4:09--a 9:31 pace. I have run this pace for a half marathon this spring, but holding it for a full marathon will be tough. This would be a huge PR for me--an hour off my first full marathon time of 5:08:58.

I have now learned that I have more in the tank than I thought. It is important to me that I believe and have experience at my race pace.

I will take whatever that day gives me--even if it is not my ultimate goal. The only thing I DON'T want to do is to give up on myself and not do the best run that I can.

No comments: