About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Long Dry Spell

I've talked about my injuries before. After the DisneyWorld Marathon in January, my ITB pain was so bad I basically couldn't run for almost 2 months. I had to drop from the half to the 5 Mile run at Canyonlands. I was really upset. I loved running Canyonlands last year and was looking forward to running it again.

It's strange how I thought that I was somehow only supposed to share my successes on my blog--my wonderful mile--the next PR... and that if I said I was hurt and and angry about it, that was somehow less noble.

I still don't know if I am running as well as I was last year. The bad thing is that I don't know if I'm okay with that. I guess I have to be.

1 comment:

Willie said...

Hey Julie I ran Disney this year also! Sorry to hear about your ITB issues. I had those last year and they really suck. Stretching helped me a lot.

I love blogs because you usually get both sides of people, the good and the bad. It's OK to talk about your troubles... that's what's so great about blogging! You can rant and rave and you don't have to worry about what others think. They don't have to read it if they don't want to.

Hang in there, running is wonderful and it makes your life better whether you are running faster this year or not. It's how it makes you feel that counts.

Great blog.