About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Monday, May 26, 2008

No Ego Food for Me!

Today I ran my 4th Bolder Boulder 10K race. I apparently was not as recovered from my sinus infection as I thought and ran a disappointing 58:16.

The bright spot of the race was that I beat my 5K split time from my Colfax Marathon Relay last Sunday. This is especially great because Colfax was downhill and this was uphill.

For those who don't know the race, the terrain goes like this:

Mile 1--starts downhill for nearly the whole mile. It is hard to not start too fast.

Mile 2--a gradual uphill that you still feel okay about because you are still kind of fresh

Mile 3--a steeper uphill where you are really not liking the race

Mile 4--rolling hills up to the highest point of the race

Mile 5--downhill nearly the whole mile

Mile 6--starts to go uphill again, you have a sharp uphill to go into the stadium.

So by mile 3 I started seeing my PR running away from me. It was cool and I expected to feel better than last year because of that.

The Memorial Day tribute was well done.

The elite race was fun to watch. I was disapointed that neither Deena Kastor nor Ryan Hall won their races. I would guess this wasn't a goal race for them.

No comments: