About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Need to Make a Change!

So here it goes again...

Last Summer I thought I knew what I was doing--I was coming off a half marathon PR and a BB10K PR. I felt pretty good and truth be told, I was feeling pretty full of myself. I ended up with a disapointing Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring running season. I over-reached, over-trained and injured myself and I watched my pride goeth into my fall.

They say you improve for 7 years after you start running--this means I have 3-4 more years. I don't think these are just going to happen for me though. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got. I really think I should be able to do better than I have lately.

Here are my goals:
  • My weight is up to the point where I have had to pay for my monthly weigh in at Weight Watcher's since February. by my June weigh in, I want to be back in the "free zone"
  • My cross training workouts have been getting too easy--I want to increase the intensity
  • I need to incorporate weight training into my schedule and keep it there.

I'm hoping that putting these goals out here will help keep me accountable.

No comments: