About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cruddy Tempo Run

Boy, did I have problems with this one! I missed my Thursday tempo runs the last 2 weeks because we had to replace the microwave 1 week, and last week I experienced the worst part about being lactose intolerant and the consequences of not asking what was in something before I put it in my mouth.

So anyway the workout was 2 sets of 3 miles at tempo pace. I had trouble finding my pace, ran too hard at the beginning (again) and just felt super tired the whole time. It was certainly tempo effort, even in my mile splits didn't show it.

Yuck, some workouts you just want to be done! Glad this one is.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Tempo runs can either make us feel Olympian when they go great or Senior Olympian when we struggle.

Surely you got some benefit from it though.

Nice job and I admire your swimming for cross training.