About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I like Bananas!

Saturday is long run day in my training plan. This was a 2:00 run and I covered 12.61 miles in that time. Even though I train with my group, I often run by myself at times during these group runs.

Do you ever go into a run with a song in your head?
"I like bananas"
"I know that candy is sweet"
"I like papayas"
"But nothing can beat"
"The sweet, sweet love of God"

This was the song we all sang at church before our Children's Musical last Sunday.

I was tired and ready for next week's step back week. When I run distance by myself, I find my mind going to a lot of places. Books I read when I was a child, songs, things I have read. It is a lot easier to run when my head is full of good things.

Distance running is very mental. You spend a lot of time with what's in your head. It's important that it is good things.

My coach caught up with me for the end of my run. We talked about books, philosophy life, iPods and life in general. It's good to run with people, it's good to run alone with what's in your head too.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Julie

Nice job on your 2:00 run.

Songs running through your can lift your spirits during a run--and then others wonder what we're thinking.

I shouted out today about your post on Girlfriend's Guide...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that post.

Good luck as you continue preparing for the Denver Marathon!

Tom