About Me

This is my third summer of running consistently. All of this is still pretty new to me--I never ran track or anything in school.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Swimming for me!

This is the first year I have incorporated swimming as cross training. This season I have been swimming nearly every Wednesday.

It starting to get easier--finally! I don't get to the end of the lap and gasp for breath like I'm running 400m repeats now. I swam fairly steadily for 30 minutes last night.

I like how this gives my legs a break. I alternate between 1 lap freestyle and 1 lap breaststroke. The breastroke kick seems like it really helps with my piriformis pains that remains after a pinched sciatic nerve.

Sadly the pool at the Y will be closed next week. I'm not sure if I'll go swim somewhere else.

No comments: